Anatomic and Clinical Pathology; University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas
- Clinical Pathology
- A Diplomate of the American Board of Pathology (Combined Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, and Immunopathology) with 29 years of experience. Trained as a resident in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology (AP/CP) and a Surgical Pathology Fellow at the University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, TX; and Fellowships in Immunopathology and Diagnostic Molecular Pathology at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH. Moved to Saudi Arabia late 1998 where worked as the Deputy Chairman and Head, Immunopathology & Molecular Genetics and the Director, Flow Cytometry Laboratory at the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine in- King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre (KFSH&RC) in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. In 2007, joined the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at Hôtel-Dieu Grace & Windsor regional Hospital in Windsor Ontario, and joined the faculty (teaching and research) at the newly established Windsor Campus of “The Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, University of Western Ontario” as an Adjunct Professor.
- Areas of interest and expertise include Genomics and Molecular Genetic Pathology, Immunopathology, Surgical Pathology (with special expertise in Renal, and Lymph node Pathology), Transplant Pathology and Flow Cytometry.
- Extensive experience in stem cell processing, cord blood banking and applied transplant immunology. Currently, implementing Next Generation Sequencing for Cancer Mutation Panels using Illumina Platform.
- Enjoys establishing and effectively utilizing state-of-the-art laboratory ventures (e.g., Laboratory Automation, Molecular Genetic Pathology Core Facility and the first Cord Blood Bank in the Middle East).
- Immense contributions to patient care, administration, post graduate education and research.
- Prolific academician/scientist with 15+ grants, 85+ manuscripts, 2 book chapters and 75+ abstracts.
- Serves as Inspection Team leader for the College of American Pathologists (CAP). Well acquainted with AABB, FACT, JACIE, ASHI and GTP/GMP standards and guidelines.
Enjoys establishing and effectively utilizing state-of-the-art laboratory ventures (e.g., Laboratory Automation, Molecular Genetic/Genomics Pathology Core Facilities, the first Cord Blood Bank and the first Hospital based GMP facility in the Middle East).